Google Analytics

Monday, October 6, 2014

2 Quilts made of baby clothes

If you would like a quilt made from your child's clothing, please email me or send me a message on facebook !
www.facebook.com/KatiesQuiltsandCrafts - KatiesQuiltsandCrafts@gmail.com  subject "quilt"
Contact me if you have any questions - detailed price list on facebook under "general info" -  additional photos of baby clothes quilts on facebook in the album titled "T-shirt/clothing quilts"




I accidentally deleted most of the photos of these quilts before blogging them.  But I DID find these few photos from facebook and flickr!

I really really enjoy making these quilts out of baby clothes.   Like T-shirt quilts, they are similar to putting together a jigsaw puzzle.  I lay out all the pieces on the floor, fuse the pieces, cut, and then fill in the gaps with alternating colors from the clothes.   This is the 3rd and 4th quilt I have made using baby clothes.   For these, I tried using more of the details from the clothing.  You can see in the closeups that I kept some of the stuffed toys in tact.   I also tried to keep embroidered details, buttons, pockets, etc.,  -  It's much more difficult doing it this way and most of the stuff has to be done by hand.  But I DO think it's worth it in the end.





I can use onesies, bibs, shirts, pants, jerseys soft hats, blankets and small stuffed toys.  And don't worry about holes or stains because before anything goes into the quilt, it's backed with stabilizer, and the finished quilt is quilted thoroughly so stains are hidden (or cut around.)








No comments:

Post a Comment