Google Analytics

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Basting on Bloomin 9 patch DONE

I am attempting to use fusible batting this time around. I have had so much trouble with puckers and stuff when using regular batting and pins. I have never used a long-armer, I've always done my quilting myself. On these really big quilts there's nothing else I can really do but stuff and stuff some more.
This fusible batting seems to be working really well. Its late (1AM) so I am not going to do any quilting yet, I'll do that tomorrow. But from the looks of it, the quilt sandwich is absolutely perfect!!
I did put some pins in approximately 6" apart, but just being able to iron the batting down and seeing it all smooth is so worth it.
My camera has since died, but I will borrow one or something to take pics of the end result to share with the bloggy world.
I am really proud of this quilt. I am hoping my MIL and FIL will be happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment